Think analytically & synthetically
Learn to analyze and correctly interpret facts and data. Learn to connect the dots to synthesize in a comprehensible way
You find it difficult to break down complex problems into smaller problems?
You wish to make informed assumptions and sound risk assessments on complex problems?
All the facts and data are there and you have the feeling that you cannot make the right conclusion?
This course teaches you the necessary skills to draw better conclusions and make better decisions.
After completing this course you will be able to:
- Break down complex problems into subproblems.
- Solve complex problems by finding connections and coherence.
- Use various techniques to analyze problems.
- Synthesize facts, data and information into comprehensible conclusions.
- Provide better justification for decisions.
What will you learn during this course?
Evolution of thinking
- Insights about the cognitive processes in the brain.
- Why intelligent people do irrational things.
- Reductive thinking and mechanistic thinking.
- Systems thinking and complexity thinking.
- Evaluating risk and environment in a professional setting.
- Conditional logic (if x, then y) and decisive logic (x or y) and when to use which method.
- Barriers and challenges in using logic effectively.
- The difference between logical analysis and facts.
- The three aspects of probability and their applicability in a professional context (probability, impact and measures).
- From data, facts and assumptions to information and conclusions.
- How to test conclusions.
- Identifying patterns in data, abstracting from models and developing hypotheses and assumptions.
- Using data to set up a test case.
- How to make conclusions and set up an action plan.
Price (incl. VAT)